The criteria for membership into our Association is as follows:
Eligibility for Membership
A school shall be eligible to apply for membership in the Corporation if:
- The school is located in the Province of Quebec.
- The school is recognized by the Ministry of Education of the province of Quebec (MELS) as an English language school that provides services in General Education at one or more of the following levels: Kindergarten, Elementary, Secondary
- The school conducts itself in a manner approved by the Corporation.
- The school has, for a minimum of five (5) consecutive years prior to making the application, been recognized by the Ministry of Education of the province of Quebec.
- The school is governed by and is responsible to an independent Board of Governors
- The school is constituted to be a non-profit organization.
- The school shall be represented at meetings by only the Head of the School or by such other person qualified according to the criteria established by the Corporation.
Membership Application Procedure and Process – A school applying for membership in the Corporation must submit to the Board of Directors of the Corporation:
a) A request for consideration by December 31st of the preceding year in order to be considered for membership in the Corporation for the following academic year;
b) A copy of its Constitution and legal proof of incorporation;
c) The list of the members of the Board of Governors and a statement of the process for their election;
d) The most recent audited Financial Statement;
e) The enrollment of their school by grade;
f) The list of staff members, together with their qualifications.
The prospective member shall grant permission to the Corporation to inspect the school. Said inspection of the school shall normally be carried out by three (3) members of the Board of Directors of the Corporation. Subsequent to the remitting of a report by the members of the Board of Directors charged with the inspection and the recommendation of the Board of Directors, said recommendation must be approved by two-thirds of the Corporation membership.
To inquire about becoming a member school, please contact the QAIS office.