Founded in 1974 and conveniently located in suburban Montreal, West Island College (WIC) is two schools under the same roof: a French school, offering an entirely French curriculum and an English School, offering a French immersion program. Both schools deliver an enriched curriculum and mother-tongue language courses and seamlessly coexist to offer the ultimate bilingual experience for students of all backgrounds. For over 46 years, we have been redefining the educational experience through innovative teaching methods delivered in a technology infused environment.
At WIC, we are committed to the pursuit of personal excellence, fostering a passion for knowledge and instilling fundamental values that empower our students to succeed in the ever-challenging environment of today and tomorrow.
We are currently seeking a qualified candidate for the following position:
Position: Part-time lunchtime and after-school Student Supervisors
Type of position: Permanent, Part-time
Schedule:Monday to Friday on school days only.
Lunchtime: 11:00 AM-1:00 PM OR After school, 3:00 PM-6:30 PM.
Principal functions: Supervision of students during lunchtime or after school.
Job Description: Under the supervision of the Director of Student Services, the Supervisor will:
- Circulate and supervise common areas of the school while in use by students.
- Ensure students are behaving appropriately and in accordance with school rules
- Discipline students for disruptive behavior, when necessary
- Report delinquent students to the administration, when necessary
- Question the presence of any individual he/she feels should not be on the premises
- Any other related task, as determined by the administration
- Functionally bilingual (French & English)
- Experience working with teenagers is an asset
- A verification of judicial records will be performed.
All interested candidates should send their CV to the attention of Lise Lafontaine by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than September 30, 2020.