The world needs great women...it starts at The Study. Founded 1915, and recognized as one of Canada’s premier girls’ schools, The Study actively fosters the development of character, confidence and visionary thinking. Dedicated teachers and staff offer a stimulating bilingual environment to 390 students from Kindergarten to Grade 11.
Human Resources Manager (Part time .5 position)
Reporting to the Head of School, the Human Resources (HR) Manager plays an important role in the leadership of the school.This individual will be responsible for all aspects of employment for approximately 90 people including benefits, payroll, pension, leaves of absence, recruitment and retention.Working closely with faculty, staff and administrators s/he will ensure compliance with all government policies and regulations.S/he will contribute to the creation of a positive working environment for all employees and develop programs which will contribute to their overall wellness.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Administration related to staffing, compensation, contracts, reference and police checks, vacation periods, maternity leaves, leaves of absence, etc.
- Development and implementation of staff orientation related to human resources
- Employee Handbook
- Development of a professional growth program for all employees
- Strategic analysis and development of recruitment and retention policies
- Faculty and staff evaluation process
- Faculty survey
- Review and development of HR policies which reflect government requirements
- Provide professional expertise and advice on HR policies and procedures as they relate to the mission and values of The Study
Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant university degree
- Bilingual – English and French
- Minimum of 2 years experience in the field of HR
- Understanding of HR as it applies in the Quebec context
- Professional HR designation (CHRP- Certified Human Resources Professional)
- Experience working in a school environment would be beneficial
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Detail-oriented in nature
- Initiative to identify and lead HR-related projects and initiatives
Letters of application and a CV, should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, September 25, 2020. We thank all candidates in advance. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.