Mathematics and Science Teacher
||Part-time / Temps-Partiel
||West Island College
||Dollard des Ormeaux, Qc
Founded in 1974 and conveniently located in suburban Montreal, West Island College (WIC) is two schools under the same roof: a French school, offering an entirely French curriculum and an English School, offering a French immersion program. Both schools deliver an enriched curriculum and mother-tongue language courses and seamlessly coexist to offer the ultimate bilingual experience for students of all backgrounds. For over 46 years, we have been redefining the educational experience through innovative teaching methods delivered in a technology infused environment.
At WIC, we are committed to the pursuit of excellence, fostering a passion for knowledge and instilling fundamental values that empower our students to succeed in the ever-challenging environment of today and tomorrow.
We are currently seeking a qualified candidate for the following position:
Replacement Mathematics and Science Teacher (Paternity leave from mid Nov. – Dec 18th, 2020)
- Bachelor’s degree in education, with a major in mathematics/science at the secondary level
- A Quebec teaching permit issued by the MEES is required
- Strong computer skills and proven ability to integrate technology in education
- Demonstrates initiative
- Ability to vary teaching style
- Ability to adapt and embrace change
- Excellent team player
- Salary scale in line with the public sector
- Participation in RREGOP (the public sector pension plan)
- Excellent working conditions and employee relations
- Groups of 24 students or less
- Meal plan (full lunch) at the College’s cafeteria
- Partial subsidization of physical activity costs.
- Optional participation in the College’s Group RSP plan.
- Professional development encouraged and supported by management
- Laptop computer for each faculty member
Candidates who are interested in pursuing a career at WIC are invited to e-mail their CV and cover letter to Lise Lafontaine at email@example.com by Oct. 15th 2020.