Miss Edgar’s and Miss Cramp’s School
Are you looking for a unique opportunity to be part of a progressive team that is redefining the status quo in education to meet the rapid and disruptive change that schools face today?
When ECS opened its doors in 1909, our school was determined to do things differently and redefine girls’ education by provoking imperative social change. Today, we follow in our founders’ trailblazing footsteps as we embrace this ever-changing world and champion innovation in educational landscapes. We go beyond traditional subject excellence to address the need for a relevant 21st century education designed particularly for K-11 girls’ voice and choice.At ECS, you will hear her say: I am the entrepreneur of my own future!
Our heritage was shaped by two avant-garde women, Miss Edgar and Miss Cramp; their entrepreneurial spirit continues to shape our legacy, and our team just might be incomplete with you.
We are looking for qualified candidates to fill the following position:
Start date: August 1, 2021
The ideal candidate thrives working in a dynamic, close-knit and forward-thinking setting and understands with us that education is meant to challenge the status quo and to change lives.
Reporting to the Head of School, the Assistant Head will oversee all aspects of the School’s academic offer (K - 11) in alignment with our Strategic Plan to ensure that the mission, vision and the values of the School are fulfilled. Working closely with the leadership team, faculty, staff, parents and students, the Assistant Head is expected to provide mentorship and direction in the following areas:
- Promote a well-connected School community
- Foster positive relationships with faculty/staff in a School climate that is supportive and responsive to their needs
- Provide leadership in the implementation of our Strategic Plan in the areas of curriculum, entrepreneurial platform, faculty growth and evaluation, and the evolution of technology in education.
Curriculum and Pedagogical Leadership
- Provide leadership in the development of curriculum, and ensure compliance with Ministry standards
- In collaboration with the MEES liaison, coordinate all matters relating to curriculum directives issued by MEES
- Remain abreast of curriculum and pedagogical developments elsewhere and advise the Head of School and faculty accordingly
- Communicate and uphold the philosophy and values of the School’s academic programme to the ECS community
- Coordinate curriculum and all related initiatives undertaken by the faculty
Faculty Growth and Evaluation
- Oversee a suitable school-wide faculty growth/assessment program
- Keep abreast of recent educational research and its application to learning and teaching
- Establish connections between colleagues and other institutions enabling ECS to benefit from networks and contemporary thinking in education
- Challenge and mentor faculty through the creation of a team environment where all are encouraged to participate and assume leadership roles
- Promote ECS faculty involvement in external educational activities including advanced degree programmes
- Assess and evaluate faculty
- Oversee the recruitment and selection of new and prospective faculty members
- Be responsible for the academic timetable and the allocation of faculty to classes
- Oversee budgets that relate to the academic programme and make recommendations for future initiatives
- Maintain records for the Academic Honor Roll Certificates and update Honor Roll Board
- Oversee the Parent/Teacher interview process
- Advanced degree
- A valid Quebec teaching certificate/brevet is an asset
- A minimum of seven years experience in a management role (independent school experience is an asset)
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to inspire, mentor and change-manage a high-performance team
- Experience leading professional development and professional growth plans
- Creative thinker with proven problem-solving abilities
- Experience in providing strategic counsel to internal/external stakeholders and senior administrators
- Confident communicator (spoken/ written) and active, critical listener
- Exceptional relationship and interpersonal skills with the ability to engage internal and external stakeholders effectively
- Calm under pressure, a reflective practitioner with a robust sense of humour
- Values diversity, equity and inclusion in a School environment
- Solid understanding and experience with Quebec curriculum (an asset)
- Experience overseeing budgets
- Bilingual (French/English)
To apply, please submit your letter of application and resumé by e-mail to email@example.com before April 30, 2021.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
ECS is committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse and respectful environment. We welcome qualified applicants who share our commitment.