Activity Animators (2 positions available)
Established in 1836 in Quebec, Canada, Bishop’s College School (BCS) is an IB World School offering the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme and certificates. With a campus bordered by farmland and rolling hills on one side and by the city of Sherbrooke on the other, BCS is a small, welcoming community and a “home away from home” to students from 40+ different countries. We create a caring community of learning and development where cultures connect and individuals matter. By embracing a rigorous yet supportive academic program and a well-rounded education that includes athletics, the arts, leadership and development, and global citizenship, BCS is preparing students to become tomorrow’s leaders. We offer a Bilingual Option (English and French), as well as the Duke of Edinburgh's Award program, and are a proud member of Round Square, through which students can go on exchanges and volunteer abroad.
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Student Life (ADSL), the Activity Animators (2) are key members of the Activities Program. In addition to planning major events (Carnival, Grad etc.), the Animators are responsible for organizing and delivering a diverse selection of evening and weekend activity offerings for both boarding and day students. They are expected to take part in the development, planning and execution of a comprehensive program that will offer not only entertainment to the students, but also wellness and leadership opportunities. The Animators take part in Cadets Activities and weekends trips and are also the main chaperones for various school trips.
In collaboration with the ADSL, provide the vision, leadership, collaboration, and coordination of the Activity Program
Develop new activities, policies, procedures, staffing, materials, equipment, space requirements, etc.
Plan, promote, supervise, and participate in the Weekend Activities Program (providing 3+ events per weekend)
Work in a rotation that is broken down as follow:
Qualifications, Education, and Experience
- 37.5 hours distributed over Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday on most working weeks during the academic year
- Other weeks such as planning weeks may have a different time schedule
- Be available as of August 15 for training, planning, and programming on a week B schedule until the beginning of activities in mid-September
- Demonstration of strong organizational skills with the capacity to provide leadership and direction to colleagues
- Persuasive interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- A student-centred self-starter who can work independently
- Ability to balance demands of a multitasking position
- Dynamic, creative, energetic with the ability to involve and motivate students
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
BCS is committed to creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package.A resume and letter of interest should be sent by May 12, 2021, to:
Bishop’s College School (Human Resources)
80 Moulton Hill, Sherbrooke, QC, J1M 1Z8
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.