Marketing and Communications Coordinator (full-time)
Selwyn House School is an independent school for 540 boys (K-11) in Westmount, Quebec. We support our students and staff, and reward their efforts as well as their achievements. Our community is one in which students can build confidence and self-discipline, appreciate their responsibilities to others and themselves, and find joy in learning.
We are looking for professionals to join our dedicated, energetic staff who teach our courses, coach our teams, supervise our activities, and communicate openly and regularly with parents. Our programs challenge boys mentally and physically, while stressing a respect for honesty and fair play, and a tolerance of the ideas of others. If this sounds like the kind of team you would like to join:
Reports to: The Headmaster
Position Summary: The Marketing and Communications Coordinator is responsible for designing and implementing a marketing plan that aligns with the school mission to achieve the school’s goals. The coordinator works in close collaboration with the communications team, the school leadership team, the Board of Directors, parents, alumni and other stakeholders to shape, disseminate and monitor the school’s messages and brand image in the community.
Bachelor degree or higher with some formal marketing training;
5+ years of related marketing experience, ideally in an educational context;
Successful prior experience in an international/independent school is an asset;
Superior oral and written communication skills in both English and French required;
Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies which constitute a diverse school community;
Experience with copywriting and the development of marketing collateral across multiple traditional and digital platforms;
Ability to collaborate with, motivate and manage teams of peers and marketing agencies to set and achieve goals in the area of marketing;
Strong analytical, problem-solving, time-management and organizational skills.
Strong multimedia skills with the ability to effectively create and use digital content across multiple mediums
Excellent proofreading and editing skills in English and French
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead the effort to design and implement a strategic marketing plan and budget;
• Source and analyze marketing research and current market conditions;
• Develop and execute short- and long-term marketing plans, including, but not limited to, digital marketing, public relations, special events, advertising, and other promotional strategies;
• Serve as the custodian of the Selwyn House brand by guiding communications to assist departments so that the ‘look and feel’ represents Selwyn in a consistent manner;
• Plan, write, edit and seek out diverse content to share across all marketing channels and to target to key market segments (such as Francophone families, new families arriving to Canada, etc.) as required;
• Monitor and benchmark the school’s reputation and parent satisfaction relative to internal goals and, where possible, equivalent leading independent private schools;
• Work collaboratively with the school’s admissions department on marketing messages and selling aids for each stage of the school recruitment process;
• Effectively market the school and its programs to prospective families by telling the school’s story through ‘shareable social content’;
• Assist in writing, producing and editing content for the school’s website, social media, publications, e-notifications and press releases;
• Establish, foster and leverage relationships with the school, its alumni and the local community with the goal of identifying market needs, and assessing the school’s strengths and weaknesses;
• Orchestrate the school’s community outreach events by collaborating with the communications team;
• Communicate with a variety of constituents to support school initiatives and events; coordinate volunteer efforts where and when appropriate;
• Educate and confer with Executive staff and the Board of Directors (via the marketing committee) when it relates to topics involving marketing strategy, branding and harnessing market feedback.
- Pension plan participation
- Group insurance benefits (health, dental, LTD and life)
- Meals included (lunches, breakfast items, coffee)
- Laptop and/or iPad provided
- Access to gym and workout facilities
- Opportunities for professional development (Conferences, workshops, university tuition reimbursement)
- Mental wellness training and support
Please submit your CV by May 23rd, 2021 to:
Andrew Marziliano, Human Resources Administrator
Selwyn House School, 95, chemin Côte St-Antoine, Wesmount, QC, H3Y 2H8
Selwyn House School is an equal opportunity employer and subscribes to the Programme d’accès à l’égalité en emploi.
We sincerely thank all applicants, but only those shortlisted will be contacted.