||Buildings and Grounds
||St. George's School of Montreal
St. George's School of Montreal
Founded in 1930, St. George’s School of Montreal is a private co-educational, non-denominational school that provides student centered education of the highest quality within a spirited, engaging, creative and cooperative environment.
A leader in Progressive Education, our philosophy encourages an individualized approach to teaching and learning while fostering excellence and rigor within our classrooms.
Reporting to the Building Technician, the Custodian is responsible for the general maintenance of the school building and surrounding grounds. He/she performs technical duties in the field of building systems in order to ensure good working order of equipment.
What you’ll do:
- ensure safe and smooth operation of facilities
- general renovations
- waste management
- replenish supplies
- troubleshoot problems with plumbing, electricity
- deliver/ pick up between campuses
- maintenance of exterior spaces
- assist the Coordinator and Building Technician in purchasing processes
- set-up/tear down for events (tables, chairs, tablecloths, podium etc.)
- sweep/mop/vacuum as required
- support compliance with sustainability initiatives
- launder school linen as required
- other facilities-related duties
- Skills, Experience and Attributes Required:
- car required
- intermediate computer skills (email, basic Microsoft word etc.)
- ability to work autonomously and as a member of a team
- excellent communication skills in English oral/written
- intermediate communication skills in French oral/written
- WHIMIS/ SIMDUT certification an asset
- Who you are:
- flexible (evening hours/some weekends)
Please submit your curriculum vitae and letter of intent as soon as possible to:
3100 The Boulevard Montreal, QC H3Y 1R9
We thank all candidates for their interest in the above position; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.