Established in 1836 in Quebec, Canada, Bishop’s College School (BCS) is co-educational IB World School offering the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme and certificates. With a campus bordered by farmland and rolling hills on one side and by the city of Sherbrooke on the other, BCS is a small, welcoming community and a “home away from home” to students from 37 different countries. We create a caring community of learning and development where cultures connect and individuals matter. By embracing a rigorous yet supportive academic program and a well-rounded education that includes athletics, the arts, leadership and development, and global citizenship, BCS is preparing students to become tomorrow’s leaders. We offer a Bilingual Option (English and French), as well as the Duke of Edinburgh's Award program, and are a proud member of Round Square, through which students can go on exchanges and volunteer abroad.
Reporting to the Director of Communications and Marketing, the Communications Coordinator contributes to and supports the work and scope of the Communications and Marketing team. The team is tasked with capturing and telling the story of BCS while fostering strong student, parent, personnel, prospective families, and alumni engagement and connections. The team is also charged with proactively maintaining and growing the awareness and reputation of the school in a highly competitive environment. Evening and/or weekend work is required during special events. This is an ideal opportunity to gain experience in a thriving industry with room for growth within the organization.
Bishop’s College School is an equal opportunity employer and seeks a diverse and broad spectrum of quali?ed candidates.
- Drafts content for memos, emails, newsletters, articles, ads, and other materials as required
- Assists in the coordination and execution of the school-wide communications calendar, including all mass communications (digital and direct).
- Builds out progress reports and presentations for the Director of Communications and Marketing and senior leadership as required.
- Helps capture daily life at school through photos, videos, and written materials.
- Assists with social media and website maintenance.
- Assists in the coordination of large-scale publications, such as The BCS Bulletin, prospectus, and handbooks.
- Respects and applies established brand guidelines to all materials and assists in ensuring guidelines are respected throughout the school.
- Assists with events such as School Opening, Graduation, Open House, Homecoming, hockey tournaments, etc., as required.
- Supports the Communications and Marketing team as required.
Qualifications, Education and Experience
- Excellent English writing skills
- Bilingual, fluent spoken and written (English and French)
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Exceptional proofreading and attention to detail
- Proficient with Office Suite, particularly Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Superior time management and organizational skills; ability to handle multiple tasks, set priorities, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable navigating websites and social media
- Familiarity with design and video-editing software, an asset
- Experience working with communications/marketing teams an asset
- The successful candidate will have demonstrated a professional, collegial and collaborative approach in previous employment
- A successful criminal background check will be required
BCS is committed to creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package. A resume and letter of interest should be sent by October 22, 2021 to:
Bishop’s College School (Human Resources)
80 Moulton Hill, Sherbrooke, QC, J1M 1Z8
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.