Founded in 1930, St. George’s School of Montreal is a private co-educational, non-denominational school that provides student-centred education of the highest quality within a spirited, engaging, creative and cooperative environment. A leader in Progressive Education, our philosophy encourages an individualized approach to teaching and learning while fostering excellence and rigour within our classrooms.
Athletics & Recreation Coordinator
Full-time replacement from October, 2021 to June 30, 2022
(possibility of extension)
Description: The Coordinator is responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the School’s Athletics program and Fitness Centre from planning and implementation of programs to day-to-day operations.
What you will do:
– Athletics –
- Plan, implement, develop, manage athletic activities such as indoor and outdoor sports, sport competitions, teams while ensuring the safety aspect of these activities
- Attend league meetings (GMAA, Private School); schedule regular season games and tournaments; plan, oversee and execute annual sports award ceremony
- Recruit, engage, supervise, coaches, scorekeepers and staff representatives
- Student lounge supervision from 3:30 pm-6:00 pm
- Develop and maintain relationships with external community stakeholders to promote the School's athletic program and specific sports; work with key external stakeholders to engage with community groups
– Fitness Centre –
- Work with the High School Principal and the Physical Education department to develop and implement policies and procedures governing use of the space; help determine programs to be offered; help develop and implement a student supervisor program
- In conjunction with the Physical Education department, ensure proper and consistent orientation and training for new users; oversee use of equipment and ensure that the required maintenance is carried out
- Create and maintain Google calendar, coordinate use of athletics spaces among various constituents
Skills, Experience and Attributes Required:
- Post-secondary degree in an appropriate field
- 3 years of experience in equivalent work preferably in education
- CPR/First Aid Certification
- Ability to communicate effectively in both English and French
Who you are:
- A strong communicator, strategic and agile
- Organized, analytical and a problem-solver
- Flexible (evening hours/some weekends)
- Willing to actively participate in the School’s Growth Plan
At St. George’s School of Montreal, we pride ourselves on being a truly collaborative, innovative team. With small classes and the support of learning specialists to assist with our child-centred pedagogy, our teachers enjoy an environment which provides the opportunity to focus on what they love most – teaching! We are committed to sustainability, community involvement, social mindedness and celebrate the uniqueness of every individual. Our inquiry - based approach and respectful culture make St. George’s a teaching and learning environment second to none.
St. George’s is proud to offer a generous benefits plan, career development opportunities, proximity to Mount-Royal and access to public employees’ retirement plan. We are committed to equality and diversity within our community.
Please submit your curriculum vitae and letter of intent to: Ioanna Barkoulas, CHRP Human Resources Service Partner 3100 The Boulevard Montreal, QC H3Y 1R9 email@example.com We thank all candidates for their interest in the position; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted