Elementary School Administrative Assistant
JPPS-Bialik is a K-11 private Jewish school that was founded and based on a pluralistic vision of Judaism that offers an outstanding Jewish and secular education through both an English Section and a Section française. We are very proud to be the only Montreal Jewish day school system offering the International Baccalaureate Programme which benefits our students through its strong academics, and its global and hands-on approach to learning.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and well-organized candidate, preferably with school experience, for a full-time administrative assistant position.
The Elementary School Administrative Assistant is often the first point of contact at JPPS and should leave a positive and lasting impression on behalf of the school. They provide daily support to the Head of School/Principal, administrative team, faculty and students. They are responsible for answering all phone calls, welcoming and directing school visitors, recording daily student and staff attendance, writing and sending out communiques to faculty and parents, sorting incoming mail, and interfacing with students, faculty and parents. Communication is a major focus of this role-- a positive communicator is essential.
- Greet, sign-in and direct visitors
- Respond to and direct inquiries to the school
- Organize meetings with faculty and/or parents
- Prepare and maintain teachers’ and student file
- Apply for English Eligibility and permanent codes
- Prepare and maintain graduation and withdrawal files
- Compose weekly newsletter
- Dispense medicine/first aid as required/directed
- Update absences in DASH subsequent to initial entries by teachers
- Monitor and record early dismissals
- Communicate with parents regarding illness/absence
- Communicate after school pick-ups from parents, update afterschool staff accordingly (& vice versa)
- Provide general administrative support (data entry, filing, etc.)
- Collect forms and payments as needed
- Other tasks or projects as assigned
- Minimum of two years of administrative /customer service experience
- Experience using a multi-line phone system (essential)
- Experience with Google Platform (Gmail, docs, sheets, forms…) and Microsoft Office
- Experience in a school or busy reception office is ideal
- Proficiency in English and French (oral and written)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Positive customer service attitude
- Attention to detail
- Organized multi-tasker
- Ability to balance workload in a busy school environment
Please submit your curriculum vitae and letter as soon as possible to:
Co-Head of School/Principal
We thank all candidates for their interest in the above position; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.