Founded in 1930, St. George’s School of Montreal is a private co-educational, non-denominational school that provides student-centred education of the highest quality within a spirited, engaging, creative and cooperative environment. A leader in Progressive Education, our philosophy encourages an individualized approach to teaching and learning while fostering excellence and rigour within our classrooms.
Accounts Payable Clerk
Status: Permanent, Part-time
Working Hours: 3 Weekdays, 21 hours - 8 am to 4 pm
Description: Under the supervision of the Chief Financial Officer, the Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for processing all supplier invoices and internal cash/cheque requests in compliance with the policies and procedures set out by the Business Office.
What you’ll do:
- Receive and verify invoices and purchase requisitions; verify signing authority, budget numbers and terms of payment; obtain approval and signatures; distribute all cheques
- Prepare and process data entry in Blackbaud and Financial Edge, maintain records of accounts payable, vendors and file numbers; coordinate HR office requests and ensure payment of DAS and group insurance; balance year-end account payable sub-ledger to G/L
- Maintain a filing system for all AP documents; ensure the confidentiality and security of all Business Office files; including the safe; keep tracking for Buildings and Grounds and Kitchen
- Track and control purchases for school Visa; banking (deposits, cash pick-up, money order, etc.) as required
- Fulfill other duties as required
Skills, Experience and Attributes Required:
- DEP or DEC in a related field
- One (1) year experience in accounting and accounts payable
- Knowledge of Blackbaud/Financial Edge is an asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite or related programs
- Ability to maintain confidential and meticulous records
Who you are:
- Professional, respectful and a team player
- Highly reliable and trustworthy
- Organized and a quick learner
We thank all candidates for their interest in the above position; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please submit your curriculum vitae and letter of intent to: Ioanna Barkoulas, CHRP Human Resources Service Partner 3100 The Boulevard Montreal, QC H3Y 1R9 email@example.com
At St. George’s School of Montreal, we pride ourselves on being a truly collaborative, innovative team. With small classes and the support of learning specialists to assist with our child-centred pedagogy, our teachers enjoy an environment which provides the opportunity to focus on what they love most – teaching! We are committed to sustainability, community involvement, social mindedness and celebrate the uniqueness of every individual. Our inquiry - based approach and respectful culture make St. George’s a teaching and learning environment second to none. St. George’s is proud to offer a generous benefits plan, career development opportunities, proximity to Mount-Royal and access to public employees’ retirement plan. We are committed to equality and diversity within our community.