Elementary School Behavioural Technician
JPPS-Bialik is a K-11 private Jewish school that was founded and based on a pluralistic vision of Judaism that offers an outstanding Jewish and secular education through both an English Section and a Section française. We are very proud to be the only Montreal Jewish day school system offering the International Baccalaureate Programme which benefits our students through its strong academics, and its global and hands-on approach to learning.
Dedicated and compassionate behavioural technician wanted. This professional will assist classroom teachers, as well as create and implement behavioural interventions for students from K-6. Other duties may include meeting with the administrative team, collaborating with educational staff, communicating with families and working closely with the Director of Student Services and Family Life Educator.
Candidates for this position should display a compassionate nature, empathy and discretion in their work. Communication and relationship building skills are essential. Prior experience working in an elementary school is highly advantageous.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Observation of students in the classroom (in particular kindergarten)
- Development of behavioural intervention plans
- Implementation and monitoring of these plans with support from student services and administration
- Support for and collaboration with educators on classroom strategies
- One on one and small group work with students
- Communication with educators and families
Qualifications for this position include:
- Certificate, bachelor’s, or associate’s degree in behavioral health or related field
- Additional certification is a benefit
- Relevant experience in elementary school is preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills
Please submit your curriculum vitae and letter as soon as possible to:
Co-Head of School/Principal