We are looking for qualified candidates to fill the following position:
Miss Edgar’s and Miss Cramp’s (ECS) is a small school by design. As a community-oriented independent girls’ school in the Montreal-area, we embrace a progressive approach to 21st century learning with a focus on cultivating an entrepreneurial mindset in our students from K-11. The mission of the school is to nurture each student to carve her own future and to care about the future of others as a global citizen in a rapidly changing professional landscape.
The ideal candidate enjoys working in a dynamic and forward-thinking setting and understands with us that education changes lives. ECS is committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse and respectful environment. We welcome and encourage qualified applicants who share our commitment.
Position Title: School Receptionist
Status: Regular, Full Time
Hours: 7:45 a.m. to 3:45 p.m. with one 15 min break in the morning and 1 hour lunch break
Report to: Director of Finance and Operations
The School Receptionist is responsible for the day–to-day operations in the Front Office. As the School Receptionist is the first point of contact at the school (both by phone and in person), all interactions must be positive and represent the ethos of the school.
- Receives all visitors and ensures secure access to the school
- Answers the phone, directs calls accordingly and manages the phone system
- Monitors arrivals/departures of students, staff and administrators during the day
- Manages daily student attendance
- Provides first aid to student in need and fills out incident reports
- Organizes student detention, warning and incident report logs
- Books meeting rooms as required
- Oversees the school calendar
- Coordinates the bus service for all student outings and taxis for students / staff and faculty
- Keeps the school caterer apprised of all school events and changes throughout the year
- Organizes and maintains the school bus registrations
- Supports the School’s closing ceremonies
- Provides timesheets for payroll and gives billing instructions to the Business Office for preparing statements
- Prepares payments for taxis, Green City courier, and buses (cheque requisitions)
- Ensures all mailing needs are met
- Orders stationary and other office supplies
- Aids in preparing activity reports (3x per year)
- Ad hoc requests
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- DEC or equivalent
- Two years of Office Administrative experience combined with customer service
- Proficient in Microsoft Office/Google Workplace
- Work experience with in-house software and data entry
- Bilingual (oral and written)
- Experience in a school setting is an asset
Knowledge, Skills & Technical abilities:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service abilities; must have genuine interest in parent and student issues
- Excellent listener
- Sound judgment and diplomacy, often in the spur of the moment
- Ability to balance workload amidst constant interruptions and high noise levels
To apply, please submit your letter of application and resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.