A premier Montreal institution since 1909, Lower Canada College (LCC) is a gender-inclusive day school for students from kindergarten to grade 12 with a strong reputation for preparing students for entrance to prestigious universities across the world. One of only three Quebec high schools to offer a pre-university grade 12 program, LCC is also the only English high school in Quebec to offer a two-year International Baccalaureate Diploma Program (IB DP). Located on a beautiful seven-acre campus in the heart of Montreal’s Monkland Village, LCC draws students from nearly every continent of the world. LCC’s enriched educational program consists of academic, co-curricular, and service opportunities that position students to explore and discover their true potential throughout their educational journey.
The school invites applications for the following position:
Position Title: Academic Advising Intern
Department: Academic Advising
Position Group: Staff
Reports To: Academic Advising Coordinator
Status: Full time contract position
Start date: August 2022
Specific responsibilities include:
- Provides academic advising services to all LCC students, including alumni
- Co-teaches within the academic advising program
- Develops, organizes, and communicates Academic Advising educational materials
- Supports the academic advising team with academic advising events both on and off campus
- Organizes and facilitates workshops on essay writing and other academic advising-related topics
- Provides academic advising on course options for current LCC students
- Supports students with specific summer and institutional applications
- The ideal candidate will have a background in either Education, Psychology/Counselling, English Literature or Communications
- Understanding of the developmental and educational needs of children across high school and post-secondary levels
- Outgoing and comfortable working regularly with a broad range of age groups
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, comfortable presenting in front of large groups
- Efficient, organized, flexible, detail-oriented, and proactive
- Works well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Google, Excel, Word, Zoom, Microsoft teams
- Comfortable working both in-person and virtually
- Collaborative approach
- An understanding of the culture of independent schools
- Bilingual (asset)
School-Wide Core Values
Professionalism, Continuous Growth, Passion/Excellence, Collaboration/Communication and Respect & Empathy
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and your CV via our online form at www.lcc.ca/careers
The closing date for this role is July 5th, 2022 (EST).
Details about school life can be found at www.lcc.ca.
We thank all applicants but regret that only those shortlisted will be contacted.
LCC has an employment equity program.