We are looking for qualified candidates to fill the following position:
ECS Admissions Advisor
Miss Edgar’s and Miss Cramp’s (ECS) is a small school by design. As a community-oriented independent girls’ school in the Montreal area, we embrace a progressive approach to 21st-century learning with a focus on cultivating an entrepreneurial mindset in our K-11 students. The mission of the school is to nurture each student to carve her own future and to care about the future of others as a global citizen in a rapidly changing professional landscape.
ECS is seeking an experienced Admissions Advisor to join our family. The ideal candidate enjoys working in a dynamic, close-knit, and forward-thinking setting and understands with us that education changes lives. ECS is committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse and respectful environment. We welcome and encourage qualified applicants who share our commitment.
Working with the Director of Admissions, the Admissions Advisor assists in welcoming new families into our signature warm, dynamic environment. Our ideal candidate is a highly-motivated individual who is personable, outgoing, organized, responsive and enjoys interacting with diverse people of all ages.
- Serves as an initial source of information about ECS and represents our personalized admissions process for prospective students and families
- Greets prospective families and other visitors to the school
- Collect, track and communicate with prospective students to encourage movement through the enrolment funnel, including scheduling tours, interviews and testing with prospective and applicant families
- Maintains admissions database and software system records.
- Represents the school at Montreal and local school fairs
- Coordinates content for admissions communications
- Assists in the planning and delivery of admissions information sessions, open houses, and other admissions-related events geared toward student recruitment and retention
- Maintains guest engagement for all admissions events & open houses
- In tandem with the Director of Admissions, liaises with pre-schools, feeder schools, CEGEP counselors, corporate relocation agents, real estate agents and other possible contacts for referrals
Qualifications, Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of training and experience in a related field (education, communication, etc.)
- Teaching experience or demonstrated experience and proven success in customer service, presentation and public speaking skills
- Experience in admissions administration an asset
- Strong written and verbal skills in French and English
- Strong organizational, team, and interpersonal skills
- Sound judgment and diplomacy paired with the ability to multi-task under pressure
- Knowledge of word processing, presentation, spreadsheet and database software (Blackbaud an advantage)
- Previous experience in a school environment is an asset
To apply, please submit your letter of application and resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.