Founded in 1930, St. George’s School of Montreal is a private co-educational, non-denominational school that provides student-centred education of the highest quality within a spirited, engaging, creative and cooperative environment. A leader in Progressive Education, our philosophy encourages an individualized approach to teaching and learning while fostering excellence and rigour within our classrooms.
Reporting to the Building Technician, the Custodian is responsible for the general maintenance of the school building and surrounding grounds. He/she performs technical duties in the field of building systems in order to ensure good working order of equipment.
What you’ll do:
- Ensure safe and smooth operation of facilities (general renovations)
- Waste management and supplies replenishment
- Troubleshoot problems with plumbing and electricity
- Deliver/ pick up between campuses and maintain exterior spaces
- Assist the Coordinator and Building Technician in purchasing processes
- Set-up/tear down for events (tables, chairs, tablecloths, podium etc.)
- Sweep/mop/vacuum as required
- Support compliance with sustainability initiatives
- Launder school linen as required
- Other facilities-related duties
Skills, Experience and Attributes Required:
- Intermediate computer skills (email, basic word & excel, etc.)
- Ability to work autonomously and as a member of a team
- Excellent communication skills in English oral/written
- Intermediate communication skills in French oral/written
- WHIMIS/ SIMDUT certification an asset
Who you are:
- Adaptable, innovative, collaborative
- Service-oriented & community-minded
- Flexible (evening hours/some weekends)
Please submit your curriculum vitae and letter of intent by 5 pm on Tuesday, October 11, 2022 to:
Human Resources Service Partner
3100 The Boulevard
Montreal, QC H3Y 1R9
We thank all candidates for their interest in the above position; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
At St. George’s School of Montreal, we pride ourselves on being a truly collaborative, innovative team. With small classes and the support of learning specialists to assist with our child-centred pedagogy, our teachers enjoy an environment which provides the opportunity to focus on what they love most – teaching!
We are committed to sustainability, community involvement, social mindedness and celebrate the uniqueness of every individual. Our inquiry -based approach and respectful culture make St. George’s a teaching and learning environment second to none.
St. George’s is proud to offer a generous benefits plan, career development opportunities, proximity to Mount-Royal and access to public employees’ retirement plan.
We are committed to equality and diversity within our community.