Established in 1836 in Quebec, Canada, Bishop’s College School (BCS) is an IB World School offering the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme and certificates. With a campus bordered by farmland and rolling hills on one side and by the city of Sherbrooke on the other, BCS is a small, welcoming community and a “home away from home” to students from 37 different countries. We create a caring community of learning and development where cultures connect and individuals matter. By embracing a rigorous yet supportive academic program and a well-rounded education that includes athletics, the arts, leadership and development, and global citizenship, BCS is preparing students to become tomorrow’s leaders. We offer a Bilingual Option (English and French), as well as the Duke of Edinburgh's Award program, and are a proud member of Round Square, through which students can go on exchanges and volunteer abroad.
Full-time Social Science Teacher who will teach students from grade 7 - 12.
Qualifications, Education and Experience
- Teaching certification from a Canadian province or equivalent
- Experience teaching Quebec and IB curricula would be an advantage
- A proven and relevant academic background
- Teaching experience in an independent school environment is an asset
- Experience teaching Political Science would also be an advantage
- University degree in a relevant subject area
- Ability to integrate the use of information technology into the classroom
Preference will be given to candidates with previous IB teaching experience and a demonstrated ability for differentiated instruction. Applicants must have a willingness to commit to the full co-curricular program of the school.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package.A resume and letter of interest should be sent by March 1, 2019 to:
Bishop’s College School (Human Resources)
80 Moulton Hill, Sherbrooke, QC, J1M 1Z8
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.