||Part-time / Temps-Partiel
||Lower Canada College
A premier Montreal institution since 1909, Lower Canada College (LCC) is a coeducational day school for children from kindergarten to grade 12 with a strong reputation for preparing students for entrance to prestigious universities across the world. We are one of only three Quebec high schools to offer a Pre-university/Grade 12 program. Located on a beautiful seven-acre campus in the heart of Montreal’s Monkland Village, LCC draws students from nearly every continent of the world. LCC’s enriched educational program consists of academic, co-curricular, global and service opportunities that position students to explore and discover their true potential throughout their educational journey.
The school invites applications for the following position:
Position Title: School Nurse
Department: Health & Wellness
Position Group: Support Staff
Reports To: Health & Wellness Coordinator
Status: Part-time - One day a week (Wednesdays), field trips and substitutions as required
Start Date: March 2019
- Providing preventive services;
- Identifying problems in the earliest stages;
- Overseeing interventions and referrals as a way to foster health and ensure educational success.
- Provide healthcare consultation to students and staff;
- Serve as liaisons between school personnel, family, and community healthcare providers to ensure a healthy school environment;
- Support pre-existing plans for student care based on assessment, interventions, and identification of outcomes, and the evaluation of care;
- Works with other school professionals, such as food service personnel, physical education teachers, coaches, and counsellors to provide appropriate care;
- Providing health-related education to students and staff in both individual and group settings;
- Monitoring immunizations, managing communicable diseases, and assessing the school environment as to prevent injury and ensure safety;
- Actively participating in school safety plans that address school violence, bullying, and emergencies that may occur at school;
- Overseeing medication administration, health care procedures.
Knowledge, Skills & Technical Ability
- A current RN license;
- Bilingual in oral and written communication;
- Familiarity with working in a school environment is an asset
Job Specific Competencies
- Attention to communication
- Oral & Written communication
- Detail Oriented
- Interpersonal awareness
- School-Wide Core Values
- Professionalism, Continuous Growth, Passion/Excellence, Collaboration/Communication and Respect & Empathy
Letters of application, accompanied by a resume, should be emailed by February 17, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cover letters should be addressed to Tara Murphy, HR Director, Lower Canada College.Details about school life can be found at www.lcc.ca.
We thank all applicants but regret that only those short-listed will be contacted.
LCC has an employment equity program.