Founded in 1930, St. George’s School is a private co-educational, non-denominational school that provides student-centered education of the highest quality within a spirited, engaging, creative and cooperative environment.Applications are now being accepted for the part-time (52%) position of:
Technician, Information Technology
Under the supervision of the IT Coordinator, the incumbent will assist the IT Coordinator and ET Coordinator with day-to-day operations of all technological aspects of the School. Although located primarily in the elementary school campus, the incumbent will also carry out certain duties at the high school campus when required.
Specific areas of responsibility and related duties:
- Respond to help requests from students and staff
- Be present during in-class projects as requested by faculty to provide support
- Troubleshooting of wireless and wired local and wide area networks
- Printer troubleshooting and toner monitoring / replacement
- Oversee maintenance and inventory of student laptops, ipads, ipods, cameras, etc.
- Setup and run a/v for assemblies, concerts, graduation ceremony and other events
- Installation and maintenance of network / telephone cabling
- Help the it and et coordinators present and train new technology to teachers and students
- Be present during occasional events outside of school hours for support
- Replace the it coordinator when necessary
The successful candidate will:
- Possess detailed knowledge of Apple macOS and Microsoft Windows 10
- Have solid knowledge of G Suite (Gmail, Google Drive, Google Calendar, etc)
- Have previous experience working in an elementary school or with children aged 5-12
- Be willing to learn new hardware and software platforms and the ability to similarly teach others of all ages
- Be bilingual, organized, collaborative and customer service-oriented
- Be willing to participate in full school meetings and activities
All candidates are subject to verification of judicial records in accordance with provincial legislation regarding vulnerable clientele.
Please submit your curriculum vitae prior to February 22, 2019 to Ms. Sharon Picard, Coordinator of Human Resources at:
St. George’s School of Montreal
3100 The Boulevard
Montréal, QC H3Y 1R9
We thank all candidates for their applications; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.