A premier Montreal institution since 1909, Lower Canada College (LCC) is a co-educational day school for students from kindergarten to grade 12 with a strong reputation for preparing students for entrance to prestigious universities across the world. One of only three Quebec high schools to offer a pre-university grade 12 program, LCC is also the only English high school in Montreal to offer a two-year International Baccalaureate Diploma Program (IB DP). Located on a beautiful seven-acre campus in the heart of Montreal’s Monkland Village, LCC draws students from nearly every continent of the world. LCC’s enriched educational program consists of academic, co-curricular, and service opportunities that position students to explore and discover their true potential throughout their educational journey.
The school invites applications for the following position:
Position Title: International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme Coordinator
Position Group: Faculty
Reports To: Director of Academics
Start date: August 2019
Reporting to the Director of Academics in this key leadership role, the IB Diploma Programme Coordinator (DPC) will oversee all aspects of the IB Diploma Programme and serve as a member of the Academic Leadership Team. The DPC works in collaboration with the Pre-U Coordinator, Department Heads, Academic Advisors and the Core Coordinators to administer the Diploma Programme, while respecting all the rules, regulations, standards and practices of the IB Organization (IBO).
DPC responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
- Teaching within the Diploma Programme (DP)
- Implementing the Diploma Programme, including promotion of the Learner Profile and IB Mission and oversight of all IB policies
- Acting as a pedagogical leader for DP teachers to support the development of best practices in approaches to teaching and learning
- Supporting all students in the DP, including grade 10 students as they transition into grade 11
- Promoting the DP, in collaboration with the Admissions Department, Director of Academics and Academic Advisors, including communication with families of students in grades 10 and 11
- Chairing the IB Core Committee to ensure proper delivery and completion of the Extended Essay, Theory of Knowledge and Creativity-Activity-Service.
- Coordinating communication between the IBO and all school stakeholders
- Coordinating the Pamoja Education online courses
- Overseeing curriculum renewal, including professional development and faculty access to My IB
- Communicating programme, curriculum and assessment developments to the IB DP faculty
- Managing the systems for collating and communicating curriculum and assessment data
- Coordinating assessment, including the calendar of internal deadlines and the upload of all assessment components and predicted grades to the IB Information System (IBIS)
- Administering all aspects of the IB examinations in May-July
- Ensuring the school has a means of support for candidates whose mother tongue is not English
- Impeccable personal standards and integrity
- Strong leadership abilities
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Understanding of the developmental and educational needs of children across the span of grades 9-12
- An understanding of the culture of independent schools.
- A strong teaching record at the high school level.
- Teaching degree from an accredited university or equivalent educational and/or work experience
- Qualified to teach in Quebec
- Teaching experience in the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme (DP) is an asset
- Curriculum development experience is an asset
- Understanding and experience of the Quebec Curriculum and educational context is an asset
School-Wide Core Values
Professionalism, Continuous Growth, Passion/Excellence, Collaboration/Communication and Respect & Empathy
Letters of application, accompanied by a resume, should be emailed by February 22, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cover letters should be addressed to Tara Murphy, HR Director, Lower Canada College. Details about school life can be found at www.lcc.ca.
We thank all applicants but regret that only those shortlisted will be contacted.
LCC has an employment equity program