Founded in 1930, St. George’s School is a private co-educational, non-denominational school that provides student-centered education of the highest quality within a spirited, engaging, creative and cooperative environment.We are now accepting applications for the full time position of::
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Building Technician is responsible for general maintenance of the building and surrounding grounds, oversight of external contractors, and counsel in issues related to physical plant/cost/quotes in HS and ES.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Open high school building in the morning and verify cleanliness
- Daily housekeeping including cafeteria cleanliness, mop/sweep floors, washroom supplies, recycling/garbage/compost bins, etc.
- Ensure compliance with workplace safety issues (periodic check of ventilation/smoke detectors/motion detectors, etc)
- Assist faculty/staff regarding grounds-related student projects and determine upkeep/maintenance requirements
- Daily event set-up
- Accompany/supervise external contractors when on-site (ES/HS quality control-progress, compliance)
- Advise/troubleshoot/correct (minor) problems with plumbing and electricity
- Purchase, pick up or deliver renovation/construction materials
- Shop for sundry items (ie batteries, staff room/event supplies) for both schools
- Assist academic departments with skilled/technical duties as required
- Assist custodians with major outdoor activities, material purchase/delivery, etc.
- Assist with Technology installation, repair or replacement of smart boards, projection screens, etc.
- In consultation with ES/HS Assistant Heads, carry out annual inspection of each campus to identify building deficiencies, prepare report and prioritize necessary work
- Assist the CFO in evaluating proposed projects for cost and feasibility
- Assist the CFO in selecting contracts based on quotes and prepare project schedule
- Organize, implement and oversee summer projects including hourly workers’ performance, ensure proper supplies are available
- Minimum 3-5 years’ work-related experience in construction and maintenance, preferably in an educational environment
- Computer literate
- Adaptable with a proven ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Superior communication skills, bilingualism is an asset
- Positive, proactive team player with a strong customer service orientation
Please submit your letter of application and curriculum vitae on or before April 1, 2019 to Ms. Sharon Picard, Coordinator of Human Resources at:
St. George’s School of Montreal
3100 The Boulevard
Montreal, QC H3Y 1R9
We thank all candidates for their applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted