START DATE: August 20, 2019
REPORTING TO: Principal
LOYOLA HIGH SCHOOL:
Loyola is a Jesuit, Catholic school that challenges its young men to become intellectually competent, open to growth, religious, loving and committed to doing justice.A university-preparatory school, Loyola is committed to the development of the whole person through a comprehensive educational experience of academic excellence, spiritual and religious formation, and extra-curricular involvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or English; Master’s preferred
- Active Québec teaching certificate
- Successful high school English teaching experience
- Successful high school coaching experience a strong asset
- Although Loyola High School is an English working environment, written and spoken French is highly preferred.
- Teach high school English classes
- Complete standard cafeteria, study hall, gym, class coverage, and detention supervisions
- Participate in faculty, department, and grade level meetings and professional development opportunities
- Attend required school events beyond the school day such as Open House, Parent-Teacher Interviews, and Info Nights
- Chaperone school events (such as testing, dances, field trips)
- Respect and help form the spiritual values of the students and support the Jesuit and Catholic identity of the school by supporting the liturgical and spiritual life of the school
- Actively implement the Code of Conduct/disciplinary procedures as outlined in Student Handbook
- Contribute to a safe and clean environment by keeping classroom and work spaces clean and tidy, and by showing care for school property
- Must be able to work well both independently and collaboratively
- Must demonstrate or be willing to develop a strong commitment to Jesuit education
8:00 am – 4:30 pm daily / August 20, 2019 – June 20, 2020
SUBMIT APPLICATIONS TO: Mr. Tom Malone, Principal at email@example.com
APPLICATION: Cover letter, CV/resume, university transcripts, three professional references
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.