The world needs great women…it starts at The Study. Founded 1915, and recognized as one of Canada’s premier girls’ schools, The Study actively fosters the development of character, confidence and visionary thinking. Dedicated teachers and staff offer a stimulating bilingual environment to students from Kindergarten to Grade 11.
Physical Education Teacher & Auxiliary Athletics (75%)
(This employment opportunity is effective immediately, start date Nov 1st, 2019)
The Study has a deep commitment to providing a well-rounded physical education experience that includes learning through teamwork, winning, losing and hard work. Our physical education teachers are role models for fostering an overall love of sport through positive encouragement and support while continually positioning the programme for success. Reporting to the Senior School Director, this is a 75% position.Coaching is required but part-time teachers are remunerated for coaching.
- A Bachelor of Education/Quebec Brevet d’enseignement, in Physical Education
- Private school experience favoured
- Prior experience as a physical education teacher in a senior school setting
- High interest in and experience with athletics and physical wellness
- Athletics knowledge that fosters skill development, understanding of sports, and appreciation for a variety of athletic activities and programs, teaming, and sportsmanship for students.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Comfort using technology as an integrated part of physical education documentation
- Passion for working with students
If interested in pursuing this opportunity please forward your letter of interest, curriculum vitae and references by October 25th to: firstname.lastname@example.org or The Study, 3233 The Boulevard, Westmount, Quebec, H3Y1S4. We thank all candidates in advance. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.