LEARNING SUPPORT SPECIALIST
Would you like to be part of a close-knit team, committed to challenging, guiding and encouraging both students and staff to achieve their full potential?
Trafalgar School for Girls, an independent school in the heart of downtown Montreal, is seeking a dynamic and relationship-oriented individual who will work with our dedicated faculty and staff to support the academic development of our students.Reporting to the Director of the High School, the ideal candidate will have experience in developing, implementing and monitoring school-wide and individual learning programs.
In order to assist faculty in developing multiple modalities of teaching, an extensive knowledge of a variety of learning strategies and enrichment programs is essential.The Learning Specialist will work with faculty to develop their skills and knowledge. In addition, s/he will work particularly closely with the School Counsellor, Second-Language Specialist, and Academic and Career Advisor, to help students capitalize on their strengths and thrive.
The Learning Specialist will work with individual students and small groups in and outside the classroom. Their work will be further complimented by programs they oversee (peer tutoring, for example), which take place after school and at Forum.Central to their role will be developing strong working relationships with students, colleagues and parents to ensure that shared practices are reinforced and that there is consistent and timely communication between all stakeholders. In addition to their collaboration with internal community members, part of monitoring all students progress will be to ensure they consult with community professionals.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Degree and/or appropriate certification in educational psychology, orthopedagogy or related field. Specialist qualifications an asset
- Minimum 3 years of relevant and practical experience
- Knowledge of current research on girls and learning
- Bilingualism in French and English, with excellent grammar and spelling skills
- Great organizational skills, sense of priorities and ability to manage multiple projects
- Proficient in Google Suite and Microsoft Office Suite
- Solid content development, communication and facilitation skills (across all levels – students to adults)
A full job description with responsibilities and duties will be provided when interviews are scheduled.
If you are looking for a work culture where you will be encouraged to thrive and work openly and collaboratively with colleagues, this opportunity would be ideal. Trafalgar’s devoted educators pride themselves on sustaining a flourishing and healthy learning environment.
Interested candidates should apply, by providing a cover letter and CV by March 31st, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org.