The world needs great women…it starts at The Study. Founded 1915, and recognized as one of Canada’s premier girls’ schools, The Study actively fosters the development of character, confidence and visionary thinking. Dedicated teachers and staff offer a stimulating bilingual environment to students from Kindergarten to Grade 11.
Computer Teacher, Elementary School (K to 8) &
Secondary School ITM 4 (Grade 10)
Reporting to the Director of Information Technology, this is a part-time position.
- A Bachelor of Education/Quebec Brevet d’enseignement
- Skilled with a range of technological devices, apps and software
- An understanding of the operation and use of interactive projectors, various AV equipment and Cloud Computing
- Bilingualism is an asset
- Demonstrate the ability to create and implement strategies for weaving STEAM experiences into multi-disciplinary curricula from grades K through 10.
- Demonstrate fundamental knowledge of the connection between technology, computer science, and other fields of study.
- Understand and be able to design, develop, assess, and manage STEAM learning experiences.
- Teaching students how to use design applications, computer-aided drafting (CAD) or manufacturing to develop technological solutions to problems.
- Assigning projects so that students learn to deal with real-world constraints, such as time and materials.
- Allowing students to unravel technological problems using a hands-on, trial-and-error approach.
- Teach Educational Technology to our grades K-8 and 10 students
If interested please forward your letter of interest and curriculum vitae by July 15, 2020 to IT Director, Amalia Liogas, at firstname.lastname@example.org or The Study, 3233 The Boulevard, Westmount, Quebec, H3Y1S4. We thank all candidates in advance. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.