Selwyn House School, an independent school of 540 boys (K-11) in Westmount, Quebec, has the following opening starting at the end of August:
Athletics Coordinator (Full-time)
The Athletic Coordinator is tasked with overseeing the day-to-day logistical functions of the School’s athletic department. They serve as a resource to other members of the faculty, admin and school community. To assist the Athletic Director to maintain a high degree of intradepartmental efficiency as well as strong collaboration and communication with the various other school departments. The Athletic assistant reports to the School’s Athletic Director.
- Collaborates and communicates with various school-related groups, including administrators, teachers, support staff, students, parents and league officials for the purposes of maintaining and/or implementing the School’s athletics.
- Acts as a key resource person to immediate members of the department, including serving as a link to the Athletic Director.
- Manages regularly occurring bus and facility arrangements as required by the School’s various teams and physical education programs.
- Manages and aids in the distribution of athletic inventory including uniforms. Creates and distributes an array of documents, including: guidelines, schedules, agendas, minutes, forms, spreadsheets, etc.
- Responsible for the submission of all registration documentation required for team and individual participation to the various leagues in which the School participates.
- Assists in certain elements of athletic events, including tournaments, games, and special functions.
- Aids athletic director with various tasks related to the operation of the department as they are assigned.
- Oversees the athletics section of the School’s website, including its content, functionality and design elements.
- Manages all calendars related to athletics, including those of individual teams and major athletic events.
- Supports the execution of various school life trips and events (i.e. Terry Fox Run, Golden Games) should they pertain to athletics.
- If the Athletic Director is not available, represents the School at various league meetings, as needed.
- Coordinates the setup of Middle and Senior School lockers, including deployment of seasonal lockers for athletic program use.
- Assists in invoicing seasonal charges.
Qualifications and experience
- Minimum experience of 2 years in Athletics is required. Bilingualism is an asset.
- Willingness to coach 1 season. Coaching expertise and levels are an asset.
Selwyn House as an Employer
Selwyn House provides a group insurance plan, pension, subsidized breakfast and lunch program, substantial professional development opportunities, and a collegial atmosphere focused on faculty culture.
Résumés should be submitted by August 9th to:
Andrew Marziliano - Human Resources Administrator
Selwyn House School is an equal opportunity employer and subscribes to the Programme d’accès à l’égalité en emploi.
We sincerely thank all applicants, but only those shortlisted will be contacted.