Choosing the Right School for Your Career
Independent schools seek teachers who are passionate about teaching in general and about one or more fields of study in particular, and who are caring in their relationships with students and colleagues.
One of the advantages of independent schools is that they are "independent" in governance and therefore have more flexibility.
In independent schools, teachers:
- work is valued and recognized
- are committed to diversity and to creating inclusive and multicultural environments
- have the advantage of a flexible curriculum
- are provided with optimal learning environments
- integrate technology to benefit student learning
- have a voice on school policies and teaching practices
- are committed to teaching 21st century skills
- enjoy exercising their profession