Call for Proposals
POWER OF PEDAGOGY
A best practices session for classroom teachers. We are now accepting proposals for a new teacher-led PD event taking place this November 1st at Selwyn House School.
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT A PROPOSAL: Friday, September 27th.
Home | Session Formats | Proposal Guidelines | Proposal Review Criteria | Submission Guidelines | Schedule
Teaching is constantly evolving; it is demanding and complex work. By creating a time and space to gather and share, we hope to pool our collective expertise and resources in developing and refining promising practices, with a particular focus on classroom instructional pedagogy and assessment practices.
Power of Pedagogy is intended to foster dialogue and sharing. We want to ensure opportunities for different types of presentations and presenters, whether you’re a seasoned pro or new to presenting. For detailed information about each format, click here.
Individual or Group session - A presentation block of 45 minutes, with 15 minutes of this time dedicated to discussion.
Interactive session - A presentation block of 45 minutes, with a hands-on activity and discussion
Speedgeeking - A micro-presentation block of 10 minutes, to spark a discussion or share a best practice. Feel free to get creative!
Please consider the following when developing your proposal:
- We welcome proposals from all QAIS schools
- Proposals must be between 200-300 words
- Ensure that your session will be relevant to people from a variety of disciplines
- After attending your session, what is the idea or take away that a participant would be able to implement tomorrow?
Proposal review criteria
Your proposals will be blind reviewed by the Conference Committee based on the following criteria:
- Relevance of proposal to the conference theme
- Deepens understanding/awareness of issues related to teaching and learning
- Clarity of intended session objectives/learning outcomes
- Opportunities for engagement of conference participants (for Individual/Group and Interactive Sessions)
- Overall clarity of proposal
Participants will be informed of their acceptance on Friday, October 4th. We will be responding to ALL submissions.
The deadline to submit a proposal is Friday, September 27, 2019. There will be no extensions to this deadline. We are now accepting submissions. Please submit your proposal here:
A light breakfast and lunch will be provided, and the conference will be followed by a networking social. There is no cost to participate for QAIS schools.
8:30-9:00 AM Breakfast and Registration
9:00-9:30 AM Welcome
9:30-12:00 PM Morning sessions
12:00-1:00 PM Lunch
1:00-2:30 Afternoon sessions
2:30-3:00 PM Speedgeeking
3:00 PM Wrap up and Networking