Call for Proposals
POWER OF PEDAGOGY
A best practices session for classroom teachers. We are now accepting proposals for a new teacher-led PD event taking place this November 1st at Selwyn House School.
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT A PROPOSAL: Friday, September 27th.
Home | Session Formats | Details
Power of Pedagogy is intended to foster dialogue and sharing. We want to ensure opportunities for different types of presentations and presenters, whether you’re a seasoned pro or new to presenting.
We request that presenters ensure time for discussion is built into their session, and respect the prescribed time limits. We also ask that all presenters consider how to make their session experiential. QAIS will cover any reasonable requests for material costs and required resources.
Individual or Group Session (45 minutes)
We invite individuals or small groups of colleagues to present during a 30 minute block, with the final 15 minutes allocated to discussion. Please verify participation with any colleagues prior to signing them up.
An Individual or Group session might focus on:
- Highlight promising practices
- Sharing tips that other educators can use
- Showcasing research you’ve conducted in the classroom
Interactive Session (45 minutes)
We invite individuals or small groups of colleagues to present during a 30 minute block, with the final 15 minutes allocated to discussion. In terms of format and content, we are open to suggestions!
An Interactive session might focus on:
- Involving participants in making, doing, exploring about the selected topic
- An interactive demonstration of a learning activity, modified to be accessible to a general audience
- Showcasing active learning techniques Other
Speedgeeking Session (10 minutes)
Speedgeeking?!? Yes! It's great way to cover multiple topics in a brief window of time. It’s an opportunity for experienced and new presenters alike to explore a topic and present ideas. These presentations should be direct and focused, and no multi-media or presentation aids are required.
A Speedgeeking session might focus on:
- A single issue and your response to it
- An overview of a project your are engaged in
- A challenge that you’ve faced and the solution
- A burning question for discussion
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us at: email@example.com